Saturday, May 17, 2008

Diary (or somewhat one of) of a quitter

YAYY!!! I finally quit smoking. Today is day 9 and I've been doing great. Hubby has also quit and that made it a lot easier to not only have him working w/ me but him striving to achieve the same goal.

We did cheat a little. We got chantix. I've tried to quit a zillion times and never once have made it through a single day. I do believe that the chantix made it possible. However, I don't plan to keep following the persc. When I finish the first month, I'm not going to get the next two. But, we'll just wait and see.

My kids have been some awesome support. Especially my 12 yro. Even at my bitchest moments and me joking about going and buying a pack, he's talked me out of it. He's going to get an extra awesome b-day gift.. lol

1 comment:

Edeninc said...

Congratulations honey! I'm very proud of you! I know how hard it is to quit, and I have faith in you. Sunflower seeds and baby carrots worked for me. Good luck! I believe in you.