Saturday, January 12, 2008

Kids


My wonderful 9 yro A.J. He is my angel. He's the only one of my kids that looks like me in any way (poor kid) and has so many of my family traits. He's got a little of my fathers side but more of my moms. His build is my Grandfather all over again.

His personality is 100% Clark. The things he says and does. He's got to have everyone laughing at all times.

He's my most inquisitive child as well. He has to question everything. Why are mashed potatoes called mashed potatoes? What makes the icicles brown? How does a camel get it's humps?
He's a typical kid and thinks before he speaks but that's what makes kids so great right?

So, this is where my story starts out. Last August my sister has my beautiful niece Isabelle Marie. When little Izzy was born, then starts the hounding of my A.J. about how much he would love a little sister. For the longest time, that is all we heard about. No matter how hard I tried to explain to him that it just wasn't possible and with out going into great detail. Eventually he finally dropped it.

When Izzy was born, he had just started 2nd grade. Now being in 3rd, he's oh so much wiser. Having my niece around around as much as we did this summer and then they moved to TX for the winter, well there begins the baby blues again. A.J. once again starts bugging about how much he'd love to have a baby sister.

I was watching t.v., crocheting and just relaxing. He comes over and nuzzles up to me and of course I'm thinking he's being lovable or wanting his back tickled, I drop what I was doing. He lays across my lap and starts in again about the baby sister.

By now, I've been getting a tad short with him over it and so I just flat out told him that it wasn't happening. No way possible because his dad can't have kids anymore and thats where I thought he was about to blow a gasket on me. He sat up and yelled at me " Do you think I'm stupid?" "Do you think I don't know all about babies?!" He then proceeds to tell me how he's not stupid and he knows FOR SURE that "Moms the one who has the baby and doesn't need Dad!"

I of course could nothing more then laugh as he stormed out of the room.

Honestly, I don't think I'm going to be able to get him to understand. I think even if I explained to him EVERYTHING he needed to know, in his mind, he don't care, he just wants a baby sister.

1 comment:

Edeninc said...

When he does figure this out, he's gonna be soo shocked and grossed out. I love it!