Tuesday, April 13, 2010

That totally sucks

So I don't have health insurance, it's just way to expensive at EB's job. I do have dental and vision though. I'm thankful I have those and you won't hear me complain about what the insurance don't pay.
Today I went to the eye dr for my yearly check up. Since having the eye insurance, I've been able to afford contacts and I freaking love them. My eye Dr thought I might have problems since I have such a bad astigmatism but I've been so lucky and no problems. However, since starting school in Oct, I've began to have a lot of problems. I most likely had them before but I didn't notice because I wasn't reading like I do now.
The eye appointment didn't go so well. I love my eye dr don't get me wrong, I just didn't like what he had to say. I knew too that it wasn't going to be good. Not only has my astigmatism gotten way worst, my nearsightedness has too. 5 points in one eye and 6 in the other. Now it gets worst. I can't get new contacts or glasses until I go get tested for diabetes. If it's not diabetes, he still won't do anything because he says there's something wrong. It's not normal for your eyes to change that much, well at least at my age.
Needless to say, I get to go to the Dr on Thurs. Of course, I can't just schedule a diabetes test, I have to go in for a consultation AND THEN go back for the testing.
I was told that I couldn't drive at night nor could I wear my contacts while I drive. If I don't get to the Dr and do something, then I won't be able to drive at all. That's sad since I'm almost legally blind w/ my glasses :(
On a good note, school is good. Right now I'm taking business law and accounting. So far both teachers seem really good and willing to jump in and help. I don't like the live lessons being so late but I am so thankful they are even doing them. My finance teacher wasn't any help and I wasn't the only one that struggled w/ that class. I'm a little upset because my GPA dropped because of that class.

1 comment:

Edeninc said...

Hope everything works out and all your test come back negative. I think that's what I should be hoping for, right?