Monday, November 2, 2009

Nothing but good today :)

It was an awesome day. At least for me of course.. lol.. I kinda left Eric at the hospital today. I'm lucky he is such an understanding guy. He had to talk to his boss, I wanted to go visit my Grandma. She was asleep when I got there and so after giving my Uncle my cell number, I went back to the hospital to wait for Eric. I was only there for a few min and my Uncle called saying my Grandma was awake and to get back over. Mind you, it's the first time I've seen my Grandma in over a week. As I was heading out, I ran into Eric. He was waiting to talk to someone. I didn't think I would stay at my Grandma's house to long because she's still really weak and gets worn out easy and so I told Eric to give me like 20 min. He says no problem.
I get back to my Grandma's and my cousin was there. She was part of the reason why my Uncle called me back over. He needed to leave and he didn't want her there by herself. She was doing my Grandma's laundry. So I go in and sit down and we start visiting. We then start asking my Grandma if she needs anything else done. She jumps at the chance for us to do her floors. Now mind you, even when my Grandma is sick, it's a daily routine for her to vacuum her whole house and to scrub her floors. She'll wash her walls, blinds, I mean everything. She's even been known to take towels out and rewash them just because.
Charity and I get busy on the cleaning Grandma wants done. We vacuumed and scrubbed the floors and then we made her bed. There wasn't much to do. While we were waiting for my Uncle to come back, he calls and says his dog is sick and needs to run her to the vet really quick. So me and Charity say ok, one of us will stay w/ Grandma. By then about 2 hours had gone by. I wasn't worried about Eric other then the fact he's been working from 9 pm to 6 am the last few weeks and when he goes through the weekend, Monday's are kinda rough. He tries to get a nap in.
So I asked Charity if I could run up and get him and take him home and then I'd come back and she could leave. Grandma starts arguing w/ us to leave her alone. We'd love to leaver her alone but she's still really shaky and wobbly and besides, my mom would kick my butt. Anyways, I left to get Eric and then ran to the store to get Justin's meds and my cousin called saying my Uncle was back. I was kinda sad because I did want to go back over but on the other hand, my Grandma looked rather worn out from our visit. It was just so good to be able to see her and talk to her. There is a chance she might have cancer but she doesn't want to fight it. I can't say I don't blame her. I love her and I just want her to be happy. I don't want her to be in any pain any more. So the good news there is I got to see my Grandma. She looks really good and she is starting to be able to eat. She hasn't been able to eat right in months.
Now onto Braiden. So he came home a few weeks ago telling me that he was chosen by some girls that were on the school basketball team to write a "bibliography" about him. I was like aren't you sure it's not a "biography". He told me he didn't know that he just made sure the girls knew he was free for lunch. He always cracks me up. He went to the varsity football game (froze his butt off) Fri night. He came home and told me that the girls were there and they interviewed him a little. He then tells me he needs some pictures of himself to pass onto them. I says ok, when.. He's not sure and says he'd find out Mon.
Today Braiden comes home from school proceeding to tell me I needed to hurry and get the pictures because the girls were coming over tonight to get them. I was like grand, thanks for the notification. I didn't want to give any of my pictures up and so I got on my comp and put some on discs for my husband to go have printed. The girls showed up to get the pictures and Braiden was just dieing. He was afraid his brothers would embarrass him. I made them stay outside.. hahaha.. I'm so mean.
The girls were only hear for a min and then they left. So then there is another knock at the door. Eric started yelling thinking it was one of the boys torturing the dog. Nope, it was the girls again. They had a video camera and wanted to ask Braiden a few questions. I went into the kitchen as to not embarrass them all. The first question was: What motivates you: Braiden's reply: "The football coaches do. He says also knowing that he can do anything he puts his mind too, that he's not limited to anything". And then he goes "well maybe construction work". And then the girls asked him what would he say to someone in a similar situation. He said "never give up. As long as you have hope and dreams you can do whatever you want" Ahhh.. I was crying.
He was bright red but so proud of himself. He just kept saying that no matter what kind of disability you have, there are things you can do. Never let your disability stop you. I know he wants to be a football coach but I think he might want to be a motivational speaker too. Regardless at whatever he decides to do, I know he's going to go far. He's such an amazing person. I know that at times he's embarrassed me because he's so open and honest. He speaks his mind no matter what but it's never in a bad way. If it's not nice, he won't say it. I am glad that I have taught him to not hold back and to be himself. He's not shy and he's not afraid to get out there and be someone. I wish that I could be like that.
One last thing to mention. It's week 3 in my first module. YAY!! I have to write and essay and that is it. So far I have an A- but the last assignment I did was a research paper w/ a bibliography and I'm really nervous about that. I know I did research papers in HS and I know about plagiarism and to NOT do it but I've never done a bibliography. I checked and double checked and I just hope I did it right. I should find out by Wed though.

1 comment:

Edeninc said...

Sounds like you have a lot to be thankful for this year! I am so proud of you for ht eamazing sons you are raising and the love you show your family. Great job at school, you little bookworm!