Friday, April 24, 2009

Just WOW!!

Well yea, so things have been a tad hectic to say the least. My poor kids have had to endure mine and hubby's bad luck.. lol

I know Braiden's surgery was scheduled but it all seemed to have started with him. When he came out of surgery a few hours earlier then planned, we knew something was up and we were right. Things couldn't be done as planned. Only one groin was done and the Dr wasn't able to straighten the right leg as planned. After the surgery, the hopes were that he would be able to walk on his own. Braiden doesn't know that things didn't go anywhere near as planned and so he still has the high hopes. I'm not going to say anything just yet.

It's been 3 months and we were just given the O.k. to start rehab. When Braiden went to start that, he found out that one of the Lionz football members is doing there internship for Braiden's PT. That means that this guy will be working with Braiden. If there is any chance of Braiden walking, there is his motivation.

Onto Trevor. About a month after Braiden had surgery, Trevor had his first of 2 accidents. He was on his way to school and decided to go down the big snow hill behind our house. Well, since the snow was melting, it was getting slick. He started to slip and when he hit the bottom, he fell on his knee. Twisted it up pretty good. The Dr made us take him to the orthopedic surgeon to double check and he was right. So there's Trev w/ a knee brace and crutches for 5 weeks.

Just before it was time for his brace to come off, Austin was outside playing and was kicking snow. He ended up kicking a chunk of ice. Eric took him to the ER cuz he couldn't walk and the swelling. Sure enough, he broke his big toe. The Dr again said to take him to the orthopedic surgeon because it was broke on a growth plate and we needed to make sure it healed right.

Well then it's just like crap, what the heck did we do to deserve all this.. lol.. I chalked it up to what my mom called my "Gracie" gene. I was the accident prone child in our family and hence the name Gracie. I'm sure a friend of mine can remember our kite flying incident and me thinking I could cut a hot wheel car tire w/ a piece of glass and instead cutting my hand open. Running home and screaming like a baby, freaked my mom was going to kick my butt. Once I got int the house however, it was the typical reaction, "what did you do now?" My mom stuck my hand under the kitchen sink to clean up some of the blood. She about died when she saw how bad it was. She grabbed a kitchen towel and threw it on my hand and told me to get in the car.. hahaha.. I do recall it took 4 nurses to hold me down and a very unhappy Dr w/ the way I was. It took around 20 stitches for that one.

Now where was I? OO right, kids and hurting themselves. We had been on a constant schedule with Braiden going to the orthopedic surgeon because of his surgery every 3 weeks and since Austin and Trev were now a frequent visitor, we just took the 3 of them together.. hehehe.. we looked like quit the bunch.

Things started to seem better with the kids. Crutches were gotten rid of and braces were coming off. Cold season was starting to brew but I wasn't worried. However, I was starting to get worried about myself. Since Braidens surgery, I had started getting sick and having excruciating pain in my stomach that would run around my back. I chalked it up to stress, possibly ulcers.

It turned out to be my gall bladder. My kids Dr called me in the ultra sound and I had a huge gall stone. I was then referred to the surgeon who likes to make fun of my elephant sized gall stone. He keeps telling Eric he should put it on a chain. He claims that one to be the biggest one that he's ever seen.

So I got to add to the chaos. My surgery went well but I found out I'm allergic to the adhesive in band aids. I had one blister and rip the skin off. Also, the glue didn't work so well in 2 of my incisions but that's OK, not like I'm going to wear a bikini any time soon. My only problem is how sick I still am and the pain. During the day, I can handle it but at night it gets unbearable. I go back in a few weeks and hopefully he can figure out what the heck is up.

You would think it couldn't get any worst right? Well the day after I had surgery, we get a call from Trevor's school. We were told he hurt himself and we should come get him. He was in a hurry and twisted his ankle on the stairs at school. This time he broke his ankel. Once again, back to the orthopedic surgeon. This guy has got to love us by now.. lmao..

I want to say that things are going ok. Besides some major Dr bills and other financial stress, we are doing good. I don't want to say to much because I am a firm believer in jinxing myself and I don't know how much more my husband and I can take.

1 comment:

Edeninc said...

I hope you are feeling better by now. Sending lots of good thoughts your way!