Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Grandpa and Grandma

It's been a long while since I've wrote anything. Not tons of new stuff, I have just been lazy.

As for my grandpa. He did his 2nd round of chemo last Monday and hasn't been doing so well but.. it's all happens when you do the chemo. He's just been really nauseated and can't keep much down.
He also had my cousin shave his head. He was really starting to loose his hair and was tired of it coming out. He was tired of it happening and knew he couldn't stop it. He looks way good though and he looks so much younger. If you stuck him against my uncle, they would look like identical twins.

He's lost a lot of weight but he still looks really, really good.

The bad part is his lung that has the cancer in it. It keeps filling up with fluid and it's a major battle for him to breathe. We live in such a crappy area, that the Dr's don't really know what to do for him. He's had the lung drained 3x's now and this last time, they used an ultra sound machine to pin point the liquid. They are afraid of hurting the lung and the whole not repairing it's self which once again, is understandable. Just pisses you off when the Oncologist calls in 10 other Dr's to make a decision and even the next one that comes in don't know what to do. They keep going until they find the Dr that knows what the hell they are doing.

Everything is really starting to take a toll on my grandmother. She won't let anyone help her and she's just as fragile as he is. She was really sick before they diagnosed my grandpa, she just couldn't keep anything down. She went to a million Dr's and they never did say what was wrong. I think she just gave up. She's only weighs about 80 pds soaking wet.

My (inserts tons and tons of horrible/nasty words here) sister went to visit them last week. The day before chemo. She took her 11 month old daughter and 8 yro son. First and foremost, her daughter is sick. Any dumbass would have known that you don't take a sick person around someone who's done chemo. Secondly, my grandparent's dog would love to eat any kid under 5 ft tall. My grandparents #1 have asked that the little kids don't go over because of grandpa going through chemo. Little kids carry more germs and #2 because that stupid dog. My grandpa's the only one that can control him and atm, he just can't do it.

Good thing, my grandpa never got sick from the baby, bad thing, my grandma did. She's been running a fever for week and beyond miserable. She went to the Dr and I'm sure no one's suprised but they don't know whats wrong. It don't matter, we just know we have my sister to thank for her carelessness.

Now, my grandma has also been battling skin cancer for many years. It's only on her face and they look like moles or warts. They have always been removed and ok. Well, now she's got something on her neck and she's petrified of doing anything with until my grandfather is doing better. With all things going on, my mom still convinced her to go in. She'll have it removed next Sat. Fingers crossed all will be fine.

I wished I had the money to send my grandparents to Hawaii or something but in reality, I know they would never go.

1 comment:

Edeninc said...

I hope your grampa is feeling better. I'll keep him in my prayers.