Sunday, October 4, 2009

A bit late

Well after months of debating, I finally decided to check out some online colleges. I've looked at a couple but never called because I wasn't sure if I liked the idea of it. It just didn't seem legit. My husband had suggested that I check into the colleges around here to see what they offered online. That way if I got stuck, I would have someplace to go for help.
Shortly after our discussion, I saw that a college had opened up about 30 Mi away and they did the full online stuff as well as have a few campus's. I called them and was thankful that I didn't have to sit and listen to "why I should choose them" or "can we have your credit card please". They just asked a few questions and wanted to set me up with an appointment to meet with an adviser.
On Fri. afternoon I went and saw the admissions guy. I was pleasantly surprised. I guess I was waiting for them to tell that since I only had my GED I couldn't get in or that I wasn't smart enough for the choice (information technology) I had made. Instead, he went through a short video with me and explained a zillion little things. The only bad part was, I can't do the IT because you have to have your Masters first to do there online program.
However everything worked out. He asked me about graphics arts since I wanted something in computers but that's just not my thing. I'm not one to design ANYTHING. After a few other suggestions, I decided on business administration. There are a lot more job opportunities after graduation and I just think it would be a better decision.
Ok, is what I'm getting at. I did a lot of paper work and I go back tomorrow for the financial aid part of it to see what I qualify for. I had a little homework assignment and I thought I would share it :) I had to write a little bit about why I want to go to school, what motivates me and why they should pick me. I was only supposed to do it in one paragraph and I hope I didn't fail because right off the bat I didn't follow instructions.. lol.. I wrote 1 1/2 and here it is.


I am not a selfish person but the biggest reason I want a college education is for myself. To achieve something of this magnitude would be the greatest satisfaction, next to being a mom. To feel the self respect about accomplishing something that will not only better my future but to build a future for my children and give them a reason to be proud of me as they have given me so many reason to be proud of them.
I am right for this college because I am goal oriented, hard working and a high achiever. I have my family for motivation, support and somethin new to look forward to. Most importantly is a goal I can say I fulfilled.

I think it's kinda corny. When I have tons to say, it never comes out right and I end up saying to much.

No comments: